Nominations for all positions will open on Friday 23 July 2004 and will close at noon on Friday 20 August 2004.
Nomination forms can be obtained after Friday 23 July from the following places:
- Civic Offices - 163 Tuam Street (Receptionists, Ground Floor)
- Beckenham Service Centre - 66 Colombo Street, Beckenham
- Central Public Library - Gloucester Street/Oxford Terrace corner
- Fendalton Library and Service Centre - Corner Jeffreys Road and Clyde Road, Fendalton
- Linwood Service Centre - 180 Smith Street, Linwood
- Papanui Library and Service Centre - Corner Langdons Road and Restell Street, Papanui
- Shirley Library and Service Centre - 36 Marshland Road, Shirley
- Sockburn Service Centre - 149 Main South Road, Sockburn
Intending candidates can also phone (03) 941-8533 and arrange for a nomination form to be sent out to them in the post.
To be eligible to stand for election, a candidate must be:
- Enrolled as a parliamentary elector somewhere in New Zealand
- A New Zealand citizen