Triennial local authority elections were held on Saturday 13 October 2007 for the following positions:
- Mayor of Christchurch City
- Christchurch City Councillors (13 councillors in total, with two councillors being elected from each of the six city wards, and one councillor being elected from the Banks Peninsula Ward)
- Members of the Christchurch Community Boards (five members to be elected from each of the eight communities, totalling 40 members altogether)
- Christchurch City members of the Canterbury Regional Council (eight city members, with two members being elected from each of the four city constituencies)
- Canterbury District Health Board members (seven members elected at large across the region)
The Christchurch City elections for 2007 were held under the First Past the Post (FPP) electoral system. The Canterbury District Health Board elections for 2007 were held under the Single Transferable Voting (STV) system.