Wanted: Construction site for Christchurch City Council’s new civic building
8 November 2005
Christchurch City Council is seeking registrations of interest (ROI) from the property sector and other interested parties in its search for a site to develop a new civic building.
The ROI process aims to identify all potential sites within Christchurch’s central city that can offer all or some of the following attributes:
- a central city location
- a minimum size, plus availability of extra space
- availability and attractiveness of civic space
- easy access for pedestrians, and users of public and private transport
- consolidation of a city precinct (for example civic, business, tourist, retail, Cathedral Square)
- an X factor; something special
Copies of the ROI documents will be available from the Council’s Tuam St office or service centres from Monday 14 November. They will also be available from the Council’s website www.ccc.govt.nz . The ROI documents specify the site’s requirements and the ROI process in more detail. Completed ROIs must be received at the Council by 12 noon on Wednesday 14 December.
All sites that the Council becomes aware of through the ROI process will be evaluated by Council staff. It is expected that a report recommending a site will be available for members of the Council to consider early next year.
Top of Page ~ Media Release index